I will say that getting rid of pockets of fat that you've had since preadolescence is perhaps the most difficult thing to do. Cutting back on all sorts of food and biking a lot has yet to yield any worthwhile results. So yesterday, I got some running shoes from 9th grade from my parent's house. It's all over now. Actually, I don't have much hope really. Seriously. Accept the belly.
Thanks be to our God and his unspeakable gift. I am confounded and joy-filled again that a Pure and Holy (mind you our minds have never known true purity in ourselves) Creator would send his Son into trashed humanity for our redemption. Yet, nothing good we have done to invite this; it is for the glory of his fantastic name.
True God of true God, Light from Light Eternal,
lo, he shuns not the Virgin's womb;
Son of the Father, begotten not created;
Sing, choirs of angels, sing in exultation;
O sing, all ye citizens of heaven above!
Glory to God, all glory in the highest;
O come let us adore him, O come let us adore him,
O come let us adore him, Christ the Lord.
4 comments:
i've found your blog damnit. while you are running, i'm getting sunburnt. I once saw a church sign that read like this. "avoid getting sinburnt, apply SONscreen".
I've been looking for this sonscreen everywhere. they must not carry it in canada.
hah! Sonscreen, brilliant.
Listen, you made the Canadian joke, not me. Which reminds me, the only non-craft beer from Canada that I've noticed at sunfresh is called Molson's. kinda similar to Horton's. if you changed the H to an M. Timmmmhorton's.
The random Christmas carol reminded me of this:
Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.
Aunt Bethany: What dear?
Nora: Grace!
Aunt Bethany: Grace? Ohhh...She passed away thirty years ago...
Uncle Lewis: (straining his face to mouth the words) They want you to say grace.... The BLESS-ING!!!
Aunt Bethany: Oh.
(everyone at the table folds their hands in prayer and reverently bows their heads)
Aunt Bethany: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands - one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.
Freedom.
Post a Comment