It's infinitely refreshing to receive revelation about the gospel of Jesus Christ. [God] made Him who knew know sin to become sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. The bottom line (and top line for that matter) is that only by dying and rising again in Jesus Christ do we see Life. Dead, buried, Risen. How wearied I am by the dogmas and burdens that we as the church (accidentally or intentionally, regardless) through the ages continue to pollute the Good News with. Somehow, I feel like this relates, however poorly, to the following song.
The sea is foaming like a bottle of beer
The wave is coming but I ain't got no fear
I'm waxing down so that I'll go real fast
I'm waxing down because it's really a blast
I'm going surfin cos I don't like your face
I'm bailing out because I hate the race
Of rats that run round and round in the maze
I'm going surfing, I'm going surfing!
You take your car to work, I'll take my board
And when you're out of fuel, I'm still afloat
My buddies and their honeys all come along
They seem invincible as they surf along
The sea is rolling like a thousand pound keg
We're going surfing, we're going surfing!
Wednesday, 03 December 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As many times as I've heard that song (thousands?) I didn't know what half of those lyrics were. I didn't bother to look it up either. Oh well.
Word verification is velusive. Somehow that looks very much like a real word, but I can't figure out what it is...its like it is eluding me or something.
Post a Comment