Monday, 29 September 2008

my exciting life

I've determined that from a purely secular viewpoint, my life is the following two steps, in repetition:
1- Riding my bike to work, riding my bike to school, doing my homework, and checking my email.

2- Having a strong desire to drink some really good beer, then drinking some really good beer.
For instance, right now... I'm in the middle of step 1, at the library at school, where I rode my bike after getting off of work. And now I'm here, trying my damned hardest to write an essay about Karl Marx, who I am not an authority on... which I also find strange.

As I type my analysis of the Communist manifesto, my mind is actually going back and forth between staying here at the library and finishing this damn thing tonight, or going home because i'm being driven crazy by the angst produced by my realization that I'm basically BS-ing this paper so that I can turn it in tomorrow and have less stress to deal with over the next couple weeks.
This argument continues, and now, like guardian angels(/devils?) the two ideas bicker back and forth. the option of finishing the paper tonight proposes a very nice proposition(yes, i just used two forms of the same word right next to eachother): the little devil whispers this into my brain...:
If you finish your homework, maybe you can have a belgian to celebrate.......................
I then sigh hopelessly and return to my assessment of Marx with new motivation and vigor. Step 2 will occur.

1 comment:

SQLFunkateer said...

AVERY????

Where you find thees?