It seems that UMKC has not received enough money from its customers, I mean students.
The library must be so strapped for cash that they can't fix any of the staplers! Don't get me wrong, they can afford all the computers and tech people, the 3 years-long remodeling process so that we won't have to actually look for a book (God forbid I have to walk up two flights of stairs or wait for the elevator), the staff members who do nothing but browse facebook for hours, the countless sheets of computer paper (oh wait, we still pay for that)...
...
But they can't fix or replace either one of two staplers that have been unable to bind my papers together all semester long. damn it, damn it all.
Sunday, 02 May 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I remember this problem well - it's campus wide. Must be some lifelong student jackass who takes joy in effing up every stapler on the campus. Bet he has an underground lair and a gigantic map of every public-use stapler on campus, and whether he has destroyed it or not.
Honestly, that's encouraging. Cause then that means somebody out there is as angry as I am. We stand in solidarity with eachother, but also against eachother. Its like a lot of revolutions I guess. Por ejemplo, 1979. The Communist party in Iran hated the shah, the Ayatollah and his Shiite Ulama hated the Shah... thus, the commies and the ayatollahs stood together against the shah. But when the shit hit the fan in February 1979, Khomeini and the Tudeh commies were at eachothers throats. So the question is...
Is the stapler saboteur an Islamist or a communist?
Honestly, I thought Commies went extinct in the 80s.
well matt even if they did 1979 comes before the 1980's.
Derek Turdburglar,
You asked if the stapler dude is, now, in the present, an Islamist or a Communist. Given that all Communists collectively died in 1980, he's clearly an Islamist.
dear matt QueerMcScroat,
A correction for your fallacies. All communists, according to your argument, would have died by 1991. Given this data, the stapler thief would be neither a communist nor an islamist, because of this in 2003: http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/b027_bush_mission_accomplished_2050081722-7750.jpg
You're absolutely NT Wright about that one...man, how could I have missed that?
So who are we supposed to hate now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCRUvX2D0E
Same thing in the Fartsheim Hall computer labs. The staplers were unanimously effed. I get glossy printed alumni magazines from the university all the time, not one of which will prise a dime from my clutches in donations, rest assured, and they can't spend the money on a single, if you will, "ineffable" stapler?
I believe we are supposed to hate intolerance. Also the Liberal-Conservative coalition government in Downing Street. And Portuguese people. And dogs of the toy or terrier classes. And very small rocks. Cider! Gravy! Churches! Lead, lead!
"A DUCK!"
"So, if she weighs the same as a duck..."
Post a Comment